Skip to the content
What People are Saying about ASHEBA and In The Kid Zone
- 2009 NAPPA Honors Award Winner!
- “I’d image that In The Kid Zone will warm us up even when the snow starts swirling around outside. Which will happen before you know it. -Christina”
- “We couldn’t compile a back-to-school playlist without including a song about the best part of the day: recess. In this calypso-sounding track, your kids will celebrate recess and you’ll feel like you’re lounging on a beach in the Caribbean.”
- “Songs like Baby Bouncin’ are just so full of dance and rhythm that you can’t help but move while you listen.”
-Boston Children’s Music
- “The mood in our car changed as soon as we heard the sound of the steel drums and the artist’s joyful, smooth voice.”
-Cool Mom Picks
- “Tuesday night family programs kick off with a sing-along party featuring Bay Area favorite Asheba playing tunes from his new CD.”
- In the Kid Zone album is all for the kids….but who says Moms and Dads can’t enjoy it just as much? This one right here does.”
- “Asheba is one of the only Caribbean artists in kids’ music — and he’s good.”
-Bill Childs, Minnesota Parent
- “The best thing Asheba (which means “the creative one”) has going for him is his above-average songwriting ability…. These tunes are smartly written and interesting. If you’re looking for a little something different for the little ones to tune into, this one is guaranteed to grab their attention.”
– Kenosha News
- “In The Kid Zone” is a lovely little offering. Pegged as “Caribbean music for kids,” this CD has its share of toe-tapping, booty-shaking and joyful numbers.”
“Asheba keeps the mood lighthearted and fun with happy reggae beats.”
-Time Out NY Kids
- “Asheba is a Parents’ Choice award winner with his rhythmically folkloric style.”
- “Asheba takes listeners on a joyful journey sharing Caribbean and world beatstyle music for children of all ages.”
- Parenthood Magazine, June 2005 –This year saw another down-to-the-wire competition in the music category, especially in the age 4 and up category. With a nice mixture of seasoned veterans, talented up-and-comers and sounds of the indies, children’s music is thriving!. Infectious Caribbean-style rhythms highlight this upbeat collection of original and traditional tunes.
- Cookie Magazine, 2006Cookie Magazine, 2006 – Kids seem to gravitate toward the joyful exuberance of reggae and calypso. Here, Trinidad native Asheba, whose smooth voice sounds like a smile, performs Caribbean tunes (“Magahmoto,” “Sapodilla”) and island-influenced versions of classics (“ABC,” “You Are My Sunshine”).
– Christopher Healy
- Little Big Music, East Bay Express, September 2004 – Asheba makes kiddie music that parents can dig, too.
–By K’yinde Marcelous
- Zoogloble – Trinidad-born and Bay Area-based, Asheba released his third kids music album, Children Are the Sunshine (2006), earlier this month. Asheba’s music draws on his Caribbean heritage, employing reggae and calypso styles on kids’ standards and his origin.